Contact Me!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

5 Misconceptions About Love

My Boyfriend:
How long have I been with my boyfriend you ask?
I've been with him for a year and nine months and I've known him for three years.

A mature adult would probably say I'm just getting started. Teenagers, however, would say I've been with him for a really long time. There's a lot of misconceptions about love, too many to be exact. Just when do we know if we're in love exactly? I believe that if everyone could they would already be with their "chosen one", if they knew who it was.

Misconceptions:

#1: Love is being happy all the time.

Stop. Just stop right there. There is no way on Earth a person can be happy at all times... especially not with another certain someone standing right next to you. It's just twice as worse because it hurts even more when you're in love and something makes you mad about them. Trust me, there will be those times where you just want to slap your significant other because you just can't stand something they do. Guess what though? They most likely will hate something you do too! So it really works out in the end if you have patience for the other person. Patience is le key to everything.

#2: He/She will never leave you.

So you want to be with your significant other at all times? Not happening. He's going to have a job and she might have one as well. He's going to have things to do and she might have things to do as well. A 24/7 relationship just seems kind of harsh, it's not like you're going to be facetiming him from the restroom. Haha...creepy. I doubt anyone wants that kind of relationship and although I may be exaggerating even those couples who think they'll never be separated, think again! You never really know when something will come up that'll draw a line between you two. Don't worry though, if the love is real it won't be for good. A little break doesn't hurt anybody, right? And if it does, well it just wasn't love bro.

#3: Friends will love your happiness.

If you're one of the lucky ones where your friends would do anything to see you and your loved one together keep them! A best friend is the most precious relationship to have but it's not as breath-taking when they're not doing anything to support you. Many, and I mean MANY friends get jealous. Not the small little "ugh I hate when he touches you like that" kind of jealous. I mean the "I definitely saw him with that b***h the other day at the store when he told you he was with his friends" kind of friend. If you have that kind of friend, run! Unless you know them for being honest...if not, I wouldn't really even consider anything they say on the fact.

#4: Everything is not always Cinderella.

I don't really know why you'd want a love story like Cinderella but hey, if that's your thing go ahead. Well things won't always be good is basically what I'm trying to get at. You might not end up rich and have "horse mice" but there is a pretty big chance you can still be happy. Nothing will be perfect and that's what makes a relationship seem like a quest. A quest where you're trying to find what will make things right and what won't and if they're worth it or not.

#5: Your relationship will take time.

No you can't marry the guy you just met. Well, I consider it to be in a thinking manner that we all have which is unique that you decide for your future well being. One day relationship doesn't seem like a really smart one to me. As a good friend of mine said, " Patience is the key" to everything. There where always be that one pesky thing that you won't like about each other, but not just because of it should you give up. Tolerance will be needed to deal with " your other half." It's definitely not something you need to wait years for, in some cases it takes years to learn about each other, but it takes way longer to learn about each other than one day. Just make sure to keep that in mind.

I chose to do this article because, where is the love?

Now back to me.

Because apparently I can't stop talking about myself. I just wanted to state the fact that I've felt terrible for the past few days. I don't necessarily find my inner peace. I consider things a waste of time when indeed the time is being wasted. I'm weird but I want to accept myself and I find that really hard to do in a world that is always shaming others. People, not world, sorry world I know it's not your fault I feel terrible. If anything what has been depressing me more and more is not the fact that I'm growing, but I'm growing alone and quite distasteful. I know I have not been the best and I don't think my destiny is planning on doing so any time soon. The time will come where my sincerity will turn in apologies and my apologies will turn into forgiveness. That is what I am hoping on for now.

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry. People always are looking for changes in their lives, but often when they get them, they don't want it anymore. It might feel like a lot right now, and I understand (I just left all my high school friends), but don't worry. You will grow stronger soon, and then you will look back someday. Loved the last paragraph, make a post telling me everything. Please?

    Lovingly,
    -- Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi, you, lazy bum. It's been a week. *Staaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee*.......

    -- Kyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 weeks...... *Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*...............

      --Kyle

      Delete
    2. haha thanks I´m waiting to go back. I have no internet over here!! ;~; *tears*

      - Maria

      Delete
  3. I really like what you did with this post. You spoke from your heart and I think you are spot on with those misconceptions. And I don't really know exactly what you're talking about in that last paragraph, but I can relate to those feelings. I don't know if it's worth much, but I've struggled with finding inner peace too. The struggle is worthwhile though :)

    -smilesifyXO
    smilesnomatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I hope you have found your inner peace and I´m waiting patiently on mine. I will keep searching however and by the way I loved your blog!

      -Maria

      Delete