Contact Me!

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Claymation Project

So I have art class and my last project of the year was to make a claymation.
It's basically an animation made out of a whole bunch of pictures you put together of clay moving around.

I ended up being in a group with three guys, you can already imagine what happens when you're the only girl. Yep, that's right you have to do most of the work. Not that they were bad group members but they talked most of the time and I can say that's the part I hated the most. GET TO WORK PEOPLE.! We ended up doing a Pokemon battle between Pikachu and Darumaka. (Don't ask me who Darumaka is because I don't know). It was actually really short and ended up being only 20 seconds long. Let me just say that I learned so much from doing this for the first time. It was terrible! I had to get all the pictures and edit some and then put them all together in to a movie with audio.

The hardest part is taking the pictures because the clay moves so much and the background we had was quite small. I hated doing this with the small clay figurines we had made. We made them so small so it was so hard to give them expressions and such. I learned to not make them as small if I ever want to do another one again. Which I probably will knowing myself.

As for the grade, I'm pretty sure we'll pass even though the video didn't end up so good itself. I made it but I feel it needed something more to it and there's not really much I can add to that when I don't know how to edit videos. I think I'll prefer working alone next time before I get blamed for something else I'm positive I stated.


2 comments:

  1. That is insanely cool! I've always wanted to try claymation. I have a few stop motion pieces but mostly with paper and other household objects. This made me want to try claymation even more. I hope you guys get a good grade! :)

    Also, I feel you on preferring working alone part, but, working with others has advantages too sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! It's a good way to learn how to edit videos as well. And we ended up having to slow it down because it was too fast, but our teacher liked it. :)
      And I guess you're right, it helps in teamwork and makes the work not so hard on you. I just wish they would've tried a little harder.

      Delete