Contact Me!

Monday, May 11, 2015

Help is Almost Never There

School isn't really a slice of pie.

Thugs, gangsters, bullies, idiots, all want to be's in the end are everything a high school consists of. Not necessarily a very bad thing to others but it can be really important to an individual. If someone came up to you for help, would you try your best to help this person?

Many wouldn't, why? Because they don't have the time to help. Do you know how many kids go home hating to wake up and have to go to school every morning? Too many. Is help always there for them? No, and to be honest people are always saying that they are weak because they don't stand up for themselves. Well, I know people have said that to me. Let's think about it though. I'm not strong, I don't have many friends, and no one would really help me if I needed it. So before you tell someone that, take it from their perspective. I know that defending myself would probably cause for me to end up getting jumped, which would be a lot worse. I'm not an idiot though and I know that something must be done in order for this to stop happening.

Recently I took a personality quiz online and to be honest it was pretty exact. I ended being the logician. Basically I plan the act before I do it to make sure it works perfectly. Everyday it's a fight to get on my bus. Thank god I have a wonderful boyfriend who saves me a seat and when he can he lets me on the bus first. Problem is that there's this group of African-American guys who push everyone including girls out of their way in order to get on which is so rude. They always end up being the first ones to get on and are always starting a mess on the bus. Just about a week and a half ago about five of those guys got on a fight on top of the bus. What did the bus driver do? Absolutely nothing. I hate that too. You're and adult and you can't stop these kids from acting up? At least think of something. Not only are they always in fights but they also always smoke, and I hate the smell of that crap.
Worst part is, the windows on the front don't even open. They're broken!
It's to the point where someone broke a pencil in half in order to keep the window closed, it's just jammed in there.

It's ridiculous because we can't even open the windows when we want to because the smell is so bad.
Best idea I had in order to help somehow in this situation was to record what was being said on the bus. Usually the guys don't hide it at all, and usually no one tries to stop it like always. That recording could be sent to head of the district in order to finally get the word out there that the security of the students is horrible.

Just today there was about three fights outside of the building before leaving campus. Wow, I can't believe that people actually resort to that nowadays. A thing girls and guys need to learn is that there's always going to be someone talking sh*t on them. The only way to show them it isn't good is by bringing it back at them. Think about it, debate about it. Question them: would they like it if you were always talking mess on them? Of course they wouldn't and then they would just end up saying, "but I'd beat your a** if you did!" That's when you pull out the, "you're basically saying you're just like me," card. I think it's pathetic that someone would go down to that level.

Make a difference, if you see someone getting bullied, help him. Defend them. I remember a story my brother told me about his high school experience that I thought was pretty great. It went like this:

"One day we were sitting calmly at breakfast doing our usual crazy stuff and talking about video games. We're always trying to make each other laugh so hard our milk comes out through our noses and this day an African-American ended up getting mad with one of my friends for accidentally bumping into him. My friend said excuse me and told the guy that he was ridiculous for making it a big deal because he wanted to fight. The guy didn't back off so my friend got ready to fight back and defend himself. When the guy's friends saw my friend ready to fight they all got up ready to jump him. So guess what we did? We all got up as well. It was more of us than there was of him so they were smart enough to sit back down. The guy who brought up the argument noticed his friends wouldn't jump in because it was so many of them so he decided to "let it slide." It was such a great and funny experience"

That's the kind of power I'd love to see most often. The power to help when someones in trouble. The power that a majority actually took as an advantage. Wish that would happen most often at my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment