Contact Me!

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Day four, everything is slowly coming back... like it always does.

Today is mother's day and because of the whole argument we had I had not gotten her a present. What was I supposed to do? I had no money and I'm always giving her drawings and such that I end up not seeing in years. So what could I do that would end up seen? That she would recognize? So yesterday I got to work at about 5:00 or 6:00 PM. Pretty late to start on a gift but at least I had the right intentions.

Butterflies is a must have of my mother. There is nothing more she loves than butterflies. Ever since I could remember that she loved them I would just draw and draw and draw them so more. Let's just say butterflies were never my strong point. They just didn't end up looking so much like butterflies or how I wanted them to be.

I guess that's what I love about my mother, she doesn't mind how bad the drawing is as long as she knows you put the effort in.

But this time I didn't do a drawing. I've lost my sketchbook and I didn't want to do a drawing on flimsy copy paper, that's cheap of me. She wouldn't have minded it but I wanted it to be a bit more special. I remember that I had an empty canvas somewhere in my room and searched for it. Then I spied it on my bunk bed on the top area. I grabbed it and got to work. I went on google for inspiration and ended finding a really nice picture that inspired me for my work. No they are not the same, but similar.

The painting consists of a blueish purple background with two pink flowers and an orange butterfly. All is in watercolor which I must say I'm pretty bad at. I ended up finishing it at around 9:54 PM. I put a sticky note on it saying "Happy mother's day" in Spanish. Then I put it on the stove because I know that's the first place my mom goes to in the morning.



She loved it, gave me a hug, and hung it up first thing in the morning. It made me happy.

There's nothing better than feeling the love of a mother, so I want to thank all the mother's out there because they deserve it.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment